Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sophrolaeliocattleya Circle of Life

I do not grow a lot of Cattleya hybrids, in fact, I do not grow a lot of hybrids of any kind, but several years ago in a fit of madness, I brought a whole raft of seedlings from one of the best hybridizers around and many of them have now bloomed, though as they bloom I sell them off.  Don't know if I'll sell this one, though.

Sophrolaeliocattleya or Slc. (Cattleya if you prefer the new names) Circle of Life is a hybrid of Laeliocattleya (Lc.) Culminant and Sophronitis coccinea, a miniature fiery red species.  The plant is 13-15 cm tall and the flowers are 10 cm across.  This is its first bloom with four flowers on two spikes.



2 comments:

  1. Maravilhosa, linda, parabéns
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, as always for your kind comments and praise.

      Delete